Thursday, May 27, 2010

School's Out

So on facebook today there are gazillions of people (slight exageration there) saying how thrilled they are for school to be out. Who are they kidding? Is it kind of like having a baby... your brain gets all foggy and you forget what the end of July and early August are like?

Two of my kids were thrilled to be out of school today. I came home and took the boys' pictures so I can compare them with the beginning of the year. M came home sobbing. She just loves her teacher and is so sad she won't see her next year. My M is a tender heart. She gets it from me and it made me hurt for her knowing how she felt inside. Luckily, I could snuggle with her for a minute and then her best friend came by and they went off to Ripstik. I can't make it better for her. I did tell her I emailed the principal and told him about her good qualities and that if he gets the funds to hire another teacher for next year, he should consider her. M's response was, "Well just tell me if I am not going to see her next year so I don't cry when she isn't there on the first day of school." She even wore her teacher's favorite color today.

T's on his date with dad. He's off to ride bumper cars and bumper boats. When you only get a date around twice a year you have to make it good. He was bummed because he had to come home and clean his room. I once again found bread in his room as well as another bag of empty marshmallows. What the heck kid?

D is getting bored already. He's played on the monkey bars, gone for a bike ride, shown me his whole portfolio, and now doesn't know what to do with himself. It might just be a long summer for the kiddo. He hasn't even been home 4 hours yet. I just told him to go find something to play or I was going to pick out a book for him to read. It seems that he is now interested in entertaining himself.

S fell apart this afternoon about 10 minutes after the kids got home from school. I'm working on pulling her out of it. Right now she is marching around playing on a pretend horn doing a new version of "We're Painting the Roses Red." I'm hoping to get her all the way out before bedtime so we can be off to a good start manana.

C just woke up from a nap. And boy is she a happier camper. She was downright grouchy earlier. She's also doing the band thing with a whistle. She woke up this morning and put on a church dress. Everything has to be fancy these days. I think she has an imaginary tiara on.

Tonight M has an end of the year block party to go to. I'm going to be home with the three younger ones. I still have to get a run in tonight or tomorrow. It's only 3 miles so I don't have to go far. It's the first .2 or so that is so dang dreadful. I'm wondering if it will ever get better.

Oh, and tomorrow morning we'll be going back to school. T didn't bring home his thermos and I don't want to have to pay 15 bucks for a new one. So we'll be revisiting school. It's too bad they don't have some work he could do while he was at it :)

No comments: