I ran my fastest 5k today on the treadmill. Laugh if you wish but I am thrilled to have averaged under 12 minute miles. 36:36 was my time. I'll take it.
Last night DH was going through crud that has been in our basement. Heck, I am so indecisive. I just couldn't figure out to do with my old teaching stuff until I realized the kids can sale it at their year end garage sales at school. If it goes to a good cause then I don't feel so bad.
DH also found some emails I had printed out from right after we had Niko. It's interesting to read what we were thinking back then. I'm glad they were printed out because I no longer have that email account and would have forgotten so much.
What else? S got sugar back. That's a huge victory for her. She was a happy camper about her sugar laden Coco Puffs today. DH told me he took a day off this week so I could go on a field trip with M. This might just be the last year she allows me near her at school. Yesterday at violin lessons I was sitting there and she didn't want me to pay attention. She said to me, "Can't you just draw or something?"
Um, no my darling. I shall listen even more carefully. :)
Speaking of violin, I took the two smallest violins in to have the little girls measured. It turns out that C has longer limbs and fingers than S and needs the 1/10 and S needs the 1/16 still. I pleaded with C to please finish her potty training before she started playing the violin. D is also moving up a size. He has a few arm/wrist placement things to correct and the teacher thinks it'll just be easier to do it on the new one rather than try to do it twice. I do have to get a new shoulder rest for him as T's just won't cut it. Their necks are so different. D really did have a good lesson though. He's a little frustrated because I have to help him fix his hand and he doesn't want to do it. But such is life!
What else? T had swim team yesterday. I have no idea how it went.
Yesterday I made a dent in the laundry but didn't finish it off by any means. And today I have been a slacker and haven't managed a heck of a whole lot except be a little prideful on my 'speediness'. It's a rainy day and I just don't feel like plowing through activities. So I'll have to crack down when the kids get home and try to do my work.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment