Saturday, May 1, 2010

Just going to fess up

I'm blogging because I am avoiding my treadmill. I just don't want to get on the thing tonight. I know I need to, but I just don't want to. UGH!

I did make it 47 minutes on that thing yesterday. That sounds more impressive than it really is as I am so dang slow that a ladybug could have beat me.

A quick update on the family-

M is out maybe buying her Ripstik (or other waveboard) with DH. I'm assuming she'll bring one home and that her savings will be depleted. I'm okay with that. Last night C sneaked down in M's bed and snuggled with her the whole night. I think it's sweet that M will let her.

T combed his hair this morning (or so I thought) with water. We were going to a baptism. It was an hour away and by the time we got there he was a ragamuffin (a cute one but STILL). I think he just needs really short hair. He's a low maintenance kid.

D has quite the fashion sense. He did NOT want a plain oxford to wear today. It had to have a pattern. He's been regressing a bit in the last few days. But I just start throwing a fit of my own about something and it seems to snap him out of it. There's nothing like seeing your mom throw herself on the ground because the dishes won't clean themselves to cause you to quite whining.

S has had good and bad moments. At the moment I am worried to check my french doors because it sounds like the wood cracked when she slammed into them mad. But really, other than that, she has done much better. Today we did collages with random paper that I cute into shapes and I was really surprised that she didn't want to just go for it. That's so not her personality to refrain from taking control. I finally told her, "You are the boss of your art project." She loved that. I just have to learn how to give her control when it's okay.

C has been a turkey. Once again she got into toothpaste. She did the entire bathroom mirror and part of the floor. How about you brush your teeth with that thing kiddo? Yesterday we were snuggling and she was giving me point by point instructions. "Dad snuggles like this...." (She grabs my arm and yanks it around her.) The other arm goes like THIS.

DH- He has had mucho work but we are glad for the job :)

Me- I was glad to get a good run in yesterday considering I hate treadmills. I wish I wanted to do it again. I really think I might be able to do this half and not die.

Oh, the kiddo is home. Off I go to see if she made a purchase.

She did, a red one.

No comments: