Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Preschool is Over

S finished preschool today. She had a short program and sang some songs. Then they gave us her portfolio of work, some pictures, and we went out to the playground to play. I was sad as I looked at the pictures. Even though she wanted to go to preschool each day, it is evident that she just had some rough months. Her eyes were so empty in so many of them. It's interesting that they took a great picture of her (eyes engaged) the same day that I pulled out the camera to take pics of her to show DH that she had switched into her happy place (striped shirt picture recently put up on the other blog). She looked so happy at school that day too.

We were the last to leave preschool from her class. C has been wanting to play on the playground forever and we have always said no so it was really fun for her to get to play with S there. I was surprised that S could do little upside down flippy things on the monkey bars. Boy has she come a long way! The strange thing was that there were a bunch of kids from the other class. The teacher came over and said taht their parents came for the program and then left. One mom said she was going to go home and take a nap until the kid had to be picked up.

I hate to offend a bunch of people, (but in reality there aren't too many that read this so I won't be offending too many) but preschool is glorified day care. You really can teach your kids most of what happens in preschool in your home, at the park, at church, etc. That being said, S needed a break from me these past two years and I needed a break as well. But that's what preschool was for both of us. But it was daycare. That's all there is to it. C will be sad when she most likely doesn't get to go.

Today was really busy. In addition to the preschool program we had M's real program. DH stayed home and worked this mornign so he could go. She did great. I didn't get really teary yesterday but today I had to wipe my eyes. I looked at all these kids that are her friends and couldn't believe how much they had grown this year. I guess almost 5th graders are pretty much tweens to the T! I can't believe I am so lucky to have her.

While we were there DH checked the weather on his phone and then told me he had to take his motorcycle back home and drive the car. Later he realized that he had Alaska as the default on his phone. Oops!

Then I had my ballet class. It was slightly harder today. I don't generally get a lot of corrections because I know what needs to be corrected. She did however catch me today cheating on moving my leg from the back to the side. I knew I had cheated and I couldn't believe she caught me red handed. I just didn't have the strength to keep it up and so I let it drop. Oh well! I think I am going to take a class at night at another place just for a couple of months this summer until she restarts her classes. I'll miss it too much if I don't.

S went to preschool and I went to run an errand or two. Then we did the program, came home, got T off to swim team, cooked dinner, and then drove to the ballet carpool for M. While she was dancing I went for a 5K run outside. I so wasn't in the mood for it but once again, was glad when I finished. Two more runs this week and another week of training is down!

Tonight I have been a slacker. M made some posters for the teachers using candy. Since DH is still working I figured I could blog just a bit. Just maybe I can get my picture blog updated this weekend. I almost need to just get away to somewhere with wifi so I can blog and not have to worry about anything else.

No comments: