I just got back from the store. What a nice experience it is to go pre 6am when all the little kiddos are home in bed. (Okay, that would be all the little kiddos but my baby who was in the saucer playing while eating a saltine.) I went out early because 40 pound boxes of boneless skinless chicken breasts were priced at $1.19 per pound. What a deal. I bought 3 for me and 2 for a friend that already has a freezer full of chicken.
Our plan is to pressure can the stuff and use it all year. Have I ever used a pressure canner? No! Am I scared of a pressure canner? Yes. I'm hoping the free binoculars from DH's work will allow me to view the thing in action from far away.
For some reason, 200 pounds of frozen chicken in the back of my vehicle felt like carting a corpse around. It doesn't feel like that when it's a combo of apples, oranges, and other things from the grocery store (really 5 pounds of produce and another 195 of processed junk). Very strange.
So today I am off to get my seal checked on the pressure canner. I'm guessing I'll have to buy a new one.
I'm also hoping to take a nap when Youngest naps. I got up at 4:30 anxious for the chicken and now I am already tired and it's only been a whopping 3 hours. Imagine how anxious I will be if we find out D&L can come home to our house. Two new kids is WAY more exciting than chicken that was a great deal.
Monday, October 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment