Middle had show and tell today at school. It was F week. Last night Middle and I were discussing what he could take and what his three clues would be. We decided a football would be great.
While I was at the kids' school I left Youngest at a neighbors. When I went there to retrieve her she was happily standing at my friend's leg. Wouldn't you know she looked up and lost her balance. She tumbled right into the drawer pull of the desk and got quite the goose egg on her head. We will either be delaying the fall pictures of the kids or I'll be making one mighty bow to cover the spot up.
Later that night, DH and I were chatting before going to sleep. He says to me, "He could take fortune cookies." I reply, "I could get them for the whole class. That's a great F word." Then we start to chuckle a bit. The three clues could be 1. Starts with F. 2. Rhymes with suck. 3. Gets you sent to the principal's office.
I had to crack up a bit about that. Middle doesn't even know that word but it still made me laugh. We ended up sending a little firetruck. I couldn't find the football.
We also went to a soccer game for some of the neighbor kids. I try to hit one a season. I figure it can't hurt for these kids to know that one more person cares about them. Luckily I hit 3 kids from our neighborhood in one game. I loved that Oldest and Middle were screaming away cheering for the kids. We did have a breakdown at the end though. Oldest asked to play soccer and I told her if she quit ballet she could. She started crying. I think it's going to be tough to keep perspective with her and not allow her to overschedule herself. At home, DH told her she could play soccer if she gave up all her allowance. That didn't seem like such a great option. I guess soccer isn't quite that important.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It sounds like you guys have been having a whole lot of fun!!
Post a Comment