Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Skipping bunches of details I know

I just don't have time to keep up. Our travel papers didn't come through. It wouldn't matter though because our appointment with the amicus isn't until tomorrow. DH is going home in the morning to spend Halloween with the kids. I'm glad they'll have him but bummed to be stuck here. We are going to do some sort of trick-or-treating. C's costume is still home. Her first Halloween pics will have her dressed as a, ahem, baby. I'm cheap but not that cheap. Still, I got my hopes up. But alas, it's not that important in the grand scheme of things.

It still felt like we were playing house today. The kids called us mom and dad. We didn't ask them to. They just did. But it's like we are driving around with a pretend family. It's hard to describe. The more you get to know them, though, the funnier they are. We had a few fits today but a bunch of improvement.

We went to the Houston temple today to walk around. D stood in an ant hill and ended up with bites all over. It gave us the perfect opportunity to get rid of his shoes that were too small. They had ants all over. I was grateful to get rid of them. He loved them but they were too tiny. They were 10's and I measured his feet and found out he needed 12 1/2's. L had to get new shoes as well. She didn't need them today but I love girl shoes.

We had a hard time getting D to pack up his toys in boxes. He's afraid he won't see them again. We are doing our best to assure him that all is well and that no one will get them.

They slept long hours. L didn't wake up until 11 am. I hope she is catching up. Tomorrow we can't sleep that late as we have a long drive to the lawyer's office.

That's all I have time for. I miss M and T. I really am not one for being away from them long. I'm okay for one night but I need them as much as they need me. It's hard to organize show and tell from far away.

I hope the next time I get on I can report that we got our papers and are leaving.

1 comment:

atypical said...

I know you won't likely get to see this until you are home (or J comes back), but my thoughts and prayers continue to be with you. I definitely get a clear picture of things when you talk about "pretend family."

Missing you and hoping things go as quickly as possible from this point on.

-t