How do I do it? I must be AMAZING.
Today Youngest did a vaccine trial for meningitis. I thought and thought about whether I wanted to do it. In fact, I got up after having gone to bed to do additional research. This morning I decided to go for it. When I had talked to the doctor's office about a week and a half ago they told me that if I had already gone through the paperwork we should be done in 30 min. We arrive at 10:00 am. (I was actually on time. That is amazing. Even more so that my appointment wasn't until 10:30 and I didn't realize it. ) They get us in speedy quick. For some reason we were in an exam room that more closely resembled a closet. It was actually pretty funny because when the doctor came in to check Youngest and the nurse needed to get past him she couldn't. There wasn't enough room. None of the other rooms in the place are like this. Anyway, we left an hour and 40 minutes later. Whatever happened to 30 minutes. We had 15 minutes to get Middle to Kindergarten. He ended up eating candy from the pharmacy in the building for lunch. That's one tally mark.
On we go to tally mark two. Not only was the kid living off a bag of candy for lunch but he was also wearing flip flops. Didn't I mention that it recently snowed? The snow was no longer on the ground but it was breezy and a little chilly and well, I don't think kids should wear flip flops to school anyway. Of course he was supposed to be going home to change these along with his outfit that he chose (navy pants with a black shirt). Quickly, quickly, make another mark for a mom that let's her kid go out in navy pants and a black shirt.
He's late to school but only by 5 minutes (that makes 5). I dropped him off and made sure he entered the building and then went home. I didn't really mess anything up for a while. Then after school I went in to get the kids and Oldest beat me to it. They were already outside waiting for me. I apologized to his teacher. Heck, didn't we just take an entire week off? You would think we could be on time.
It was my day to drive to ballet. I went out and tried to get rid of some of the evidence that we were just on a trip. Too bad the central vac in the garage still isn't working well. The car really needs it. I dropped of the kids and then went to Costco in search of those Christmas dresses. Just like I thought, all the 7 and 8 sized dresses were gone. It's too bad because they were pretty cute and a steal at 18.99.
I did manage to get Youngest some new 'cheerios' after dance. It seems that the real ones are causing her tummy problems and so I bought some that are made with rice and pinto beans. Who thinks up this stuff? The rice I expected. In fact, I thought I would find rice but I never expected it to be mixed with pinto beans. Make a mark for number 6 here because I bought some brand of mint oreos there. I probably shouldn't have fed them to kids at 5:30 who were going home for dinner. Does it matter that they were from the health food store. The funny thing was that Oldest's great friend was feeding the baby some of her new yummy bean/rice treats (ICK!) and tasted them herself and told me they were pretty good. EWWWWWWWW!
Middle told DH that he had candy for lunch. I just can't manage to keep a secret with these kids. I did manage to feed them some real food groups for dinner though so maybe I am ready for a good start for tomorrow.
Speaking of food, have I mentioned that my stake (church unit of 8 congregations in my case) is trying to make sure we have 100,000 lbs. of food storage by the end of the year. I decided that if we all weighed ourselves and added together the extra 'storage' that we are carrying on our behinds we might just hit that goal a little faster.
Oh, and the sweetest thing today that made me forget all of the chaos. My little one fell asleep in her carseat. It's not the quiet sound of the sleep thatwarms my heart. It's the purring that she does before she falls asleep. Oldest had to have the double eye rub. Middle would start twirling his already short hair. Youngest purrs. I love those purrs.
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment