Friday, October 12, 2007

Searching for Organizational Tools

A wonderful friend is visiting me now from Arizona. She's one of those friends that I could let in my house anytime and not feel like I had to do a quick cleaning job first.

Well, one of our plans while she was here was to go to IKEA. We arrived, got the little 3 on the wait list for the kiddieland, and then braved the place for 30 minutes with little hands reaching out to 'see' (touch) this and that.

Once the littles were in the kiddieland we went to check out storage solutions. I have a massive problem organizing. It's overwhelming to me. We looked at this and that. It's all great let me tell you. However, I just kept seeing it new places to stash junk. I finally decided I CAN'T have more storage space. My problem isn't have storage space, it's getting rid of junk. Decluttering is what I really need to do.

Here's an example. My friend A, asked me if I still needed my strainer out. I had it inside the bowl of my KitchenAid. I told her maybe. It's like the KitchenAid bowl is it's summer home. She set me straight and we put the thing in it's real box and put it in the downstairs pantry. I even fessed up that my ice trays go through the dishwasher over and over because I haven't figured out the perfect home. Let me tell you, they are the cleanest ice trays ever!

We had a great lunch. We planned on using these 'gift certificates' that were given to us when we bought our last vehicle. This is the third time we have tried. The first time we went the restaurant was undergoing renovations. It gave a new open date. The second time was after said date. It was still closed. Yesterday we went and found that it is only open for dinner. What kind of restaurant is only open for dinner. GRRRRRR...... We ended up eating seafood at the 'Crap Shack' as Middle calls it. B and P are similar. Right?

We aren't big tv people but I love Thursday night television because The Office is on. Last night's episode wasn't the best so I put on my favorite episode using the computer. It's the Fun Run episode. We laughed and laughed and laughed. Oh, and then we laughed some more. It has to be one of the funniest episodes of a television show ever. In fact, I am tempted to waste some time today and rewatch it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck, I loved the run episode...so funny!

Unknown said...

Hi H- this season of "The Office" isn't as good as last season, is it? So disappointing. We Tivo it so didn't watch it 'till Sat. night. Do you Tivo? Unfortunately it makes it easier to watch TV because you never have to miss a show as everything is automatically recorded. So now we watch "Heroes" on Monday, "House" on Tuesday, "The Office" on Thursday" and I have been trying out "Moonlight" on Fridays... we NEVER used to watch this much!
Shannon