Friday, October 19, 2007

And the coaster keeps going...

Our social worker called this morning to let us know that the birthmom had decided last night to place the kids with us. My good friend from the neighborhood was over here when she called looking at the pics of the kids on the computer. She grabs my camera and starts snapping pictures of me getting all excited. I was still in my pj's and I don't think I'll be looking at the pics anytime soon. Oh, what was that? Oh yeah, I'm the mustache mama according to Oldest. Why I ask you would I want to be photographed?

That's the good news. The best news of the day. The bad news is that our social services agency can't take care of the adoption and has referred us to a private attorney with whom we had a conference call this afternoon. For some odd reason she is just not as interested as getting this done speedy quick and isn't spending 24 hours a day working on it. I'm not saying she isn't going to do a good job. We are just used to dealing with the social services agency where they will come in at whatever time of night to take care of things if needed.

We found out that TX only schedules relinquishments in court on Fridays. So we are hoping to get all of our paperwork as well as the birthparents done super quickly so we can hopefully get that done. Then there is the interestate compact agreement that is supposed to help protect the kids. I'm all for protecting kids but I just wonder how many of the bad guys stick around and wait for the government to check them out. One of DH's cousins had the IC done in 2 days and we know another couple that spent almost 2 months in another state trying to get it taken care of. We are hoping for a quick one.

I'm guessing we'll head out there pretty quickly though. We so want to get these two little darlings home and start the transition into our family.

Then again, if it's meant to happen it will.

We took the kids out to dinner tonight to celebrate. Then we told them not to expect to do it all the time as our family would be getting bigger. They don't care. They just want a brother and sister.

Life is good.

No comments: