Monday, October 22, 2007

Daughter knows best

Remember the eye picture. I received a call tonight that it won the contest it was entered into. Before the judging I was talking with someone who told me it was the most popular category. I thought there was no way it would win. Boy was I wrong. I'm glad that Oldest didn't paint a picture of someone reading a book to another, or helping someone who had fallen. I'm glad she painted a picture of her planting a seed in the garden. She thought she could make a difference by planting seeds and making the world a more beautiful place. I think she was right.

On a side note (yeah right), I talked to the birthfather today, he said they were going to sign paperwork tomorrow or Wednesday. He didn't mention any doubts. I'll have to pester the lawyer tomorrow to see what we do next. I wish we could see the big picture. But isn't that how it is with all of life. Once again that patience theme runs through my mind. I need to have more patience to wait for the big picture to reveal itself.

Tomorrow is Middle's first day of wrestling camp. He is really excited. Although wrestling is far from my favorite sport, I must admit, he looks really cute in his little singlet and overly priced wrestling shoes. I'm not so fond of the singlets when they turn into mantards though. I recently spoke to his coach and I was surprised at how involved this little team is. He has games (I mean matches) twice a week and practice another day. I guess we'll get our money out of those Asics.

Youngest is saying dada or da deeeee all the time now. She is really loving him. She also has a new love, the johnny jumper. She's a maniac in the thing.

Oh and lastly, I cooked my 80 pounds of chicken and managed to get almost all of it in my fridge. Then I went to get the seal on my pressure canner checked. I drove the 25 minutes to the shop to realize I had NO money with me. Luckily, they let me call a friend who let herself into my house to find my credit card number. I got my seal, a weight for it, and advice to clean out my purse.

Until tomorrow.............

No comments: