It's not really changing yet. I'm a little hopeless at the moment but luckily, from my history, I know that will change. I'll scrounge up a little hope and that will feed a little more.
It went like this for the kiddos.
M- She lost a tooth at school and thought it was so fun to surprise her dad. She also informed us that the tooth fairy forgot about her last time. Earlier today I said to C that she had "scared the dickens out of me" and M said, "You mean like Charles Dickens." What a goof!
T- He spent a good chunk of his time fighting practicing his instrument. He would manage a bit and then get distracted.
D- He started out the day hard and it just got harder. He came home and announced that he "had a good day at school" and then realized I had an email from his teacher. (Even if I didn't have the email I would have had an idea it wasn't the best because he offered up that without being asked.) He finally stopped screaming about 9:30 and went to sleep. Nothing is fair and everything is someone else's fault.
S- She started out her day a little rough but seemed to turn it around and for that I am grateful. Maybe it's the beginning of better times. She was a little trooper going from place to place with me today.
C- She was a turkey. She gave my dentist a cute little smile today and he offered to let them pick out of the treasure chest. She had six things when I came out. Nice try kiddo but no go. She changed her clothes midday and went from a cute little outfit to a red skort that is for Sophia NEXT year and an old size 6x sweater of M's. They were too big but I just wasn't in the mood for a fight. I took her to the grocery store like that.
Yesterday I realized that I hadn't picked up the sheet from violin last week that had their group times on it. It was such a crazy day. But I thought I remembered 3:30 as being D's time. So right after school we packed up the kids to go to a neighboring town for lessons. The bummer thing was that his lesson wasn't until 4:30. Their teacher quickly told me T's was at 5 and M's at 5:30. That was a tiny problem because I had to pick up the dance carpool back in my town around 5 (I thought I would have time after the first boys' lessons). So we went to the store with all cinco of them and it wasn't too bad. They were of course forewarned that they were to beg for nothing because I was buying fruit and veggies and that was it. They longingly looked at the candy near the checkout but managed not to beg for things. It's always nice when you can escape without that. The rule in our house is that you never get something with begging anyway but they seem to forget that.
We dropped of D and T (trusting T to sit through D's lesson because I could not be in two towns at once) and zoomed back to my town to throw in some wash, grab D's dance clothes, and pick up the carpool. It totally worked. We got back to D after his lesson was over and cruised on over to dance and then zoomed back to violin to start picking up the older two. (These two activities are in different towns as well). The only bad news was that M actually was supposed to be in a lesson at 4:30, when D was in one and she had to play with younger groups. I don't mind though because yesterday when she went to video her 'audition' for graduation from her current violin book they told me she was the strongest of the day so far. Good job little Miss Boccherini.
As I was coming home I saw a package on a friend's doorstep. I didn't want it sitting there unnoticed so I opened her garage to put it in there. The bad news was that her cat (once a stray) thought it was a great time to snuggle up in a warmer garage. What do you do with a cat that doesn't want to leave a warm garage for a cold porch? You let it stay in the garage, shut the door, and set the timer at home to remind you to go and check on it. Later that night after the first three were in bed (okay, two in bed, one screaming his lungs out) I went down to see what I could do. I had to chase the poor little thing out. I would have just picked it up but am allergic to those furry things and am just not in the mood to have hives or swollen eyes. Dang little cat! But I can't blame him. It's cold outside.
Speaking of cold. Weather.com gave several hours of 100% chance of snow when I looked last night. I don't think we even had a single flake. They are losing my trust and I used to be so devoted to them.
And to think I thought this would be a short entry. Even boring and mundane events take up a bunch of space. Imagine what would happen if my life were interesting!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment