I typed that today after finding out that school didn't go so well for a grumpy boy. I keep thinking I am at my wit's end.
But what's up with that? I never really get to the end. I think I should just give up on that phrase because it's never going to happen. It's kind of one big lie when spoken.
S had a pretty good day today. This morning her best friend showed up at our door. I didn't mind if she came to play and S was thrilled. Her friend T came in and told me she was here for breakfast. I told her the kitchen was closed until lunch time. The poor kid! (I say that with a touch a sarcasm. I'm not always so great at getting that across.) During the fall she would come over and beg for my apples because they were so good. Hmmm.... mine came from the grocery store and hers were delicious ones off a tree in the backyard. I love that little kid though. I think I have said this before but she's holds a special little spot in my heart. She and Joshua had due dates that were a few weeks apart. She managed to come 5 weeks early and I had enough time to really love on her before having Joshua. Because I already loved her I could sit and hold her when my heart was so heavy. Any other baby wouldn't do it because the love had to be there before he came. I spent a lot of time holding her when she was a wee little one. So I'll admit, most of the time I want to act like a grandma rather than a mom and just give her what she wants. I think she knows it too.
We had a neighbor kid over after school. She walked in with T and I told them to both go down and read. It cracks me up that she will do that at our house.
M had dance. T had swim team. C told me that pork makes her feel sick while at the store, but then gobbled up her dinner. (She wanted a cookie there.) D had a hard day. I thought he was going to snap out of it today. I was ready for it. But, he wasn't and it doesn't matter what I am ready for if it's not his time.
And that was the day. Tomorrow is DH's birthday and I have yet to figure something out. I'll have a couple of hours tomorrow. I wish my birthday came first. Then we could just ditch both of them. But, like I always tell the kids, wishing doesn't really always matter. S realized it was his birthday and was bummed that she if off sugar for a few more days. She said something like, "Well, at least we'll have a yummy dinner for dad's birthday." I thought, "Dang it. I forgot I needed to come up with a yummy dinner."
Maybe I'll ground us all from sugar for my birthday so I don't have to make myself a cake ;)
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think "nearing my wit's end" is always a true statement, since we never really get to the end.
Wish DH a happy birthday and we'll have to go out for both of your birthdays as soon as Scott and I are off the juice :)
Luckily for us, the gospel shields us from our literal wit's end. We know the Lord will help us endure as long as we need to endure. However, it would be nice if it could shield us from the feeling of our impending witty end...;)
This post made me smile. If you read my last one, you might want to reconsider your seating arrangement in Relief Society. At least ten people have read it and no comments...they are too busy looking for straight jackets! :D
Post a Comment