Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Whew!

The birthday is over and with it went some of the tantrums. Actually, they started back up but I think it's easier to handle them when you don't have some preconceived notion that things might be different as the entire world comes together to celebrate your birth. (See, the whole thing is far fetched.)

I signed the three oldest up for 4H today. Once a week they will go for 90 minutes after school. The boys will play sports and M will be in a card making class. (I got there late.) Even better, they give them their after school snack. And all of this from now until late April for five buckaroos a kid.

I also called and scheduled an appointment with the kids' therapist as well as a psych appointment. I can't get in until mid February with their therapist. Luckily, it will take less than two weeks to meet with the psych. I'm hoping it goes better than last time with her.

And that was the day. C and I went to Target to grab some 75% off clothes for next year. She was thrilled but then came home to tear the tags off of both hers and S's. Sorry kiddo, you can't have it all. The boys section didn't have near the markdowns and well, you don't buy things for a year in advance unless it's a splendid deal. I checked out the toys. My Our Generation kitchens were all gone. It was the one thing I really really wanted. Bummer. I haven't figured out how to do the Target toy shopping this week anyway though as I have both little girlies and also have to get the others out the door. I may have to skip my favorite day of the year this time around.

Oh I tried running like a barefoot person today. I was up until the wee hours of the morning looking at Barefoot Bob's website. I'm wondering if he is the guy that barely beat DH in his first marathon. It seems like it is him but maybe barefoot runners all start to look the same. Back to trying to run like a barefoot person.... It's totally different. Your legs feel so much lighter but there isn't any break on the exertion. I only went a few house lengths (X6 times) and well, I did have my shoes on as it is dang cold out there. But what a difference. At then end I switched my form and went back to doing it the other way and my feet just felt like bricks attached to the end of my legs. Anyway, I am going to tinker with it a bit more when my knee isn't hurting. I had better lose enough weight on this diet because you can't be some chunky monkey barefoot runner. It's just not the right visual. I don't think I could do the real barefoot thing. This skis on the end of my legs are just too dang long but I might be able to do the Vibram Five Finger thing one day.

Up for tomorrow is grocery shopping (woo hoo!) I won't be doing all of it because frankly, I am so behind on my coupons that I need about 5 hours just to catch up. But I will be doing the fresh produce type of stuff. Wednesday is by far the best day to do that and so I try to make it out. It seems that the cold weather has affected prices on many things already so I want to get what I can now.

Okay, really I'll confess. My diet gives me two apples a day and doesn't really specify the size. Really I just want to go from store to store until I have the biggest apples I can find.

And dang it, I really would like a good line finish this post off since the thing was so dang boring. (And it has big time competition from fellow boring posts on this blog.) I just can't come up with anything. And I am tired dang it.

Good night man on the computer screen with the crazy two toned mustache. It's the best I can do.

2 comments:

Erika Amonett said...

Boring? You still gave me a smile. We will have to chat about this whole barefoot running thing. The visuals I got are cracking me up.

Jenn said...

I told you mustache man just needed some love!