Saturday, January 16, 2010

Funny M the IMer

M wanted to use the computer so much today. There was a stipulation of course. DH needed to be on his computer too so she could IM him. DH told her that they might as well just talk like regular people. That didn't satisfy her. She didn't really want to talk. She just wanted to be a little techie.

Finally when she got a chance to use the computer she started asking for a cocoa milk shake. She typed a few things and then went to make it and T hijacked her spot. What is it with IM and these kids.

The rest of the day passed easily for me. I ended up running errands with T. I think he only came because he hoped for a cookie at the grocery store or at Target. He ended up with one at both places. But he somewhat deserved it for going to Target, the health food store, Costco, the grocery store and the dollar store. What in the heck would I be buying at the dollar store? That would be starch. We go through the stuff like crazy because DH likes crisp shirts. It's 1.89 at the grocery store and just a buck there. What a big fat waste of money!

M had a good day. D had a good day for the most part. T had a pretty good day but didn't get breakfast until almost noon as he just would NOT finish his chores. C was too dang cute but did end up in her room once for spitting when she wasn't getting her way. When I opened the door she was in her Sunday dress. I guess she wasn't too bored in there.

And then there is S. She woke up happy. She seemed fine. And then she didn't get her way and everything went downhill. Let's hope this stubbornness is good for something some day. She just couldn't stay out of time out. Then there was the time I went back to let her out and she was behind the door (whatever, I don't care where she is in her room when she is in it.) I said to her something to the effect like, "Okay, you can come out now." And she got mad and pushed the door shut and said, "No!" So I said, "Fine you can stay in a bit longer." Then of course she regretted what she said. But she does this nonstop. If you give her to the count of five to do something she always glares at you until you are on the last number and then decides to move with the speed of a tortoise when she KNOWS that it just won't cut it. It's the control freak in her. Anyway... after she took a clippity clop (Sunday shoe with a fancy heal... otherwise often known as mary janes) and started banging her wall I was done. I went in and took the thing away and told her it was too bad she wouldn't be able to have those fancy shoes anymore. If she is going to put more dents in her already dented wall then she can wear tennis shoes to church. Okay, most likely it'll be rubber soled slightly less fancy mary janes. But I am tempted to let her wear tennis shoes tomorrow.

And then I left to go shopping and left her for DH. She didn't change all day. She's in a rut. At bedtime I finally talked to her about it and she gave me the, "I just caaaaaannnn't tell the truth. I just caaaaaaannnn't stop being mean." Then she asked me to take the picture of Jesus out of her room. Me: "That's a bummer because I can't trust you with nice things. I can't let you have things in your room because you use them to hurt the walls. That's not very fun." S: "Maybe I should just tell the truth and stop doing naughty things." Me: "Yep, if you want." Then I pushed on her back (like deep tissue massage) and she told me she loved me. I wished her a good night and told her I hoped tomorrow would be better. I felt guilty all day that I couldn't make it better. I would love for her to be happy but she just can't seem to be. When the switch happens it will be very apparent. But I can't force it. Who would have ever thought that a cute little curly haired kid could be so troubled.

We were invited to play games again tonight. I was a little bummed that we couldn't go because we really enjoy it. But S was a little to out of it today. Hopefully she'll snap out of it so we can all have fun.

No comments: