I think S switched. I hate to be too dang hopeful but she made it most of the day with just normal kiddo problems. She seemed so happy (okay, over the top happy but that's how she is... nothing is in between). She kept giving me huge squeezes today and would exclaim, "I am sooooo haaaaappy!" (Not with a stuttering effect, more of a drawn out one!) I hope she keeps it up. It's is MUCH more fun being around her when she if feeling good.
D, on the other hand, is still in a bit of a rut. He got into a fight at school today. He struggled when he got home and then I think I may have hit something when I talked to him. I told him how sometimes my job isn't what I want it to be. Once in a while I really just want to take the easy way out but that Heavenly Father gave me this important job and he expects me to do a good job. I told him helping raise the kids in our family is my most important job and that all the screaming in the world can't keep me from it. It seemed to connect somewhere with him. He may lose the connection the second he gets angry but for a small second we connected and I felt his pain.
M was funny. She and DH were talking about her upcoming date. DH was eating an orange. She stopped him and told him that he seemed more interested in the orange than the conversation. He told her she was like me. We all laughed.
T and I didn't get to hang out too much today as he spent a chunk of his time cleaning his room. I don't think he really got anywhere with it. He is so easily distracted. Hmmm... wonder where he gets that?
And C, she was a little spitfire. Boy oh boy do toddlers have wild emotions. This morning she played at her best friend's house though and had so much fun.
DH came home so I could drive the dance carpool. I told M that maybe if she didn't get her room clean I would come and take her ballet class. (It was supposed to mortify her.) The girls in the car tried to turn it into me taking a ballet class with them and ice cream after if she didn't clean her room. I think I'll pass.
Once again, the reminder was to not give out a threat you aren't willing to follow through on. I failed for a second but luckily lots of laughter from them saved my keester.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That would be awesome if you followed through on taking her ballet spot! You are such a good mom!
Post a Comment