Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tamales anyone

I just bought two chicken tamales from a lady outside the craft store. Isn't it funny how I could trust some lady with the food we eat but I get antsy waiting for my kids to get home from school.

I found DH's present. He'll never come here so I can spill the beans a few minutes early. I bought him a pair of Vibram Five Fingers. He's mentioned that he was trying to run lifting his legs more and supposedly when you run barefoot it forces you to run more on the balls of your feet. I hope he likes them. And well, if not, then he can take them back and put the money on a new pair of running shoes. He's really hard to buy for because he likes really nice things but he also knows that most things really aren't needed. That need vs. want thing bites us in the behind all the time.

What else? I bribed the kids. I rented Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs from the Redbox. I told them that if they got the house picked up before DH got home then they could watch it. I figure this way they won't mess things back up :) Speaking of the Redbox, what did I do without that and how are traditional movie rental stores surviving. I rent movies much more frequently now that I can just drive up outside a Mickey D's and turn it in.

S was thrilled to help out. She must be feeling genuine today. She wanted to sweep the kitchen to which I said yes. And then she offered to clean the floors. I pretty much just said sure knowing that they would need to be redone. In the end it didn't matter because 3 of her friends showed up and the cleaning came to a halt. It's okay. She put in a good effort. I love it when she is like that. It'll be a nice change for DH to come home to that too.

C was a bit of a stinker today. She wanted a treat in the health food store. I told her she could either quit throwing a fit and help me with a cake at home or just not help. I think the worker felt bad and found some little fruity samples. I promise you the kid doesn't look starved. I did make it out of there with some vanilla soy powder (DH likes it made into hot cocoa), some shredded unsweetened coconut, and some coconut flour. I need to get cracking on whatever coconut flour cake I am going to make for the birthday celebration tonight. Luckily you never overeat on coconut flour items because they are super duper high in fiber. I love the stuff. It has to be my favorite find of last year.

And with that I part. My house is quiet and for I don't think anything bad is going on. My steaks are ready to be grilled. D is ready to leave for dance. Somebody pinch me :)

No comments: