Sunday, January 10, 2010

For the sake of P.J.'S

Today at church a friend gave a great lesson at church and encouraged us to do our P.J.'S each day to get closer to our Heavenly Father. It made me feel great that I have been doing a bit better with this blog as it counts as the J for journaling. The prayer and scripture study will help too I am sure :)

S cracked me up earlier today. After church she brought me a picture that had "Jesus want me to" at the top and then she drew a picture of a circle inside a circle. Of course as the mom I was given the chance to figure that one out. I never would have guessed it though. I was supposed to guess "give a person a donut." I had to share her picture with a few people because it was worth such a laugh.

D gave a talk today at church. He sat down at the kitchen table this morning and wrote a short but pretty nice talk. It was about how his Heavenly Father loves him and other children. I asked him to leave out the last line though. He said something like, "But if you are really bad you won't go to heaven." I asked him about that and he said if you burn down a house you aren't going to heaven. I said that might not really be the case so how about he sticks to the loving part. He was planning on leaving those 3-11 year olds with a zinger at the end of that talk. He still ended with a hard day. I'm hoping it'll break soon. My plan is to call the psych tomorrow and get an appointment.

And with that I go to bed. There was more today including M trying to plan her birthday party for 19 people. I told her to work on her list and she asked if that meant she had to eliminate some. Nice verb kid!

I have done my P.J.'S for today. It's a good way to finish out my 36th year of life. Maybe I am finally starting to get it.

No comments: