Saturday, January 9, 2010

For the sake of the habit

I'll post for the sake of doing it and because I was a slacker and didn't yesterday.

Yesterday was super busy. I wasn't home most of the day. I had a little window of time but ended up filling it with pointe shoe ribbon sewing. (And then M said the shoes killed her too much and wouldn't wear them.)

Some friends taught us to play Carcasonne. We had fun while the kids had fun. What more could we ask for. Oh and the game is more fun than the real place. I almost took a tumble down some stairs at the real Carcasonne. As we were leaving Scott tried to play a trick on me. I shouldn't say tried because he actually did trick me. DH figured I would fall for it. I am so dang gullible.

This morning we had a baptism. I cried. I don't quite know why. It wasn't my kid or anything. In fact, it was a very 'busy' baptism because of all the little kids there. Then we went over and hung out with family. It was going well until D fell apart. I had to take him in a room where he screamed how everyone would at least hear how mean I was. It's oh so nice to have that public display of love. We thought he might break down today though as we broke his habit last night. But in reality, it was worth it to have a night playing games with friends. We just can't always be home every night for the rest of our lives. We'll have to settle on over 90 percent of the time.

And lastly, I got a babysitter for tonight. DH and I went out to a Japanese place. We were seated at a table (that's not the right word) or station with 4 high schoolers. We felt old. But the food was great and tasted fresh. I told DH he should take S on her date there. I think she would love it. (Although she really likes to go on her dates to the restaurant where only one person works and you order your food on a phone from your table... strange but true.)

And lastly, as I was waiting for my other computer to start up I thought about how it's pretty dang funny that our wallpaper has a guy with no shirt on and a two tone mustache. I kind of like having him in the picture for some odd reason. He's right between image something rather and a webscr icon.

And lastly, I left my camera at my in-laws' house. That means no more pics on my blog until I head up there. I was pretty bummed about that because I got a few nice ones yesterday.

And now good night. I feel like I should have my own rendition of 'Goodnight Moon'. But somehow I just don't think, "Goodnight shirtless stranger with a weird mustache." is a appropriate. (Nor is "Goodnight other people drinking beer.")

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You made me chuckle! No, Goodnight weird man with moustache nor drinking beer is right, but maybe they need someone to say goodnight to them. My habit is trying to get out and walk on the days I don't work, not doing as well as you!