SEVEN miles... that's how many I did. I'm still surprised. Who would have ever thought that some chubby lady could make it seven miles including a hill? I wonder if it's going to be like this every week as I add miles. In under seven weeks I had better be able to make it the thirteen that I need to go.
What else? The weekend was rather uneventful. That's not a bad thing. I went yard saling with a friend. I found an unused fire extinguisher. That was a find for me considering I needed to buy one. I got a few other things too but nothing too thrilling.
I was wiped out by the time I got home because I awakened that morning at 3:45 and couldn't go to back to sleep. So you can imagine that by noon I was wiped out. I tried to take a nap later in the afternoon but chose my location unwisely. If you really want to rest you don't try to go to sleep on a couch in the main room. It just doesn't work. I finally decided to just get up and run.
I felt pretty good when I got home and then I stopped moving. Boy did the pain set in. I was so dang sore. I know it was that hill. My legs were fine until I had to go uphill and then they just start burning.
DH rented Sherlock Holmes and I watched some of it. I was just too tired to really pay attention.
Yesterday was a funny day for chores. DH found the kids watching TV before their chores were done. So he added extra chores. You would have thought the guy chopped off their arms or something. S did the best. She complained the least and as a result she wasn't given so many. M was the worst. She finally got her room done (a necessity before breakfast) but didn't get lunch until the end of the afternoon because she just WOULD NOT do her chores. She ready I don't know how many books but she wouldn't work. At the end of the day she buckled.
Today we had church. I cancelled choir because I am not sure what I am going to do for the summer and well, I figured everyone would be out town. So I call and start cancelling and then realize that almost everyone is home. But no one complained so that's a plus!
I fell asleep in Sunday school and was awakened when someone propped my head up. Oops. I don't know what is wrong with me. I think the teacher is really fabulous. It's not one of those this teacher is great yadda yadda she might be reading my blog. No way! She is just down right fabulous and me, well, I am tired during her class every week.
We came home and had dinner and M made brownies. At this very moment C is trying to steal frosting as M frosts them. C is making her slurping sounds as she waits. She's so excited for a treat.
And even better than treats is the fact that bedtime starts in less than 30 minutes. Oh how I love bedtime.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go!!
Bed time starts at 5:30? You run a tight little ship there, Captain!! :)
My clock on this thing is off. Bed time starts at 7 for the youngest.
Post a Comment