Nothing nada nothing nada today. I did get Youngest's physician to fill out her paperwork and while we were there Middle got a flu shot that will hopefully help he not have a repeat of several days in the hospital on oxygen after an exciting trip in the ambulance.
Today was a little funny though. I kept having to remind myself of working in Middle's class. I kept making plans. First it was going to the grocery store. Luckily, I remembered that one and we went at 8 in the morning. Then I kept thinking I would go try on jeans and shop a little. I just kept telling myself, "Don't forget Middle's class." It worked and I didn't forget anything, at least not that I can remember (hee hee).
I offered to drive to ballet today in case I am not around next week. It worked out for the best. That's when I got the paperwork done and the jeans bought. The best part about the jeans was that I tried a pair on (trying to find some that didn't make me look like I had been stuffed in sausage casing of course) and decided to buy them. They were supposed to be 30 buckaroos, which for me is a bundle because I am so dang cheap. I rationalized that I really needed a pair of jeans that did not show my not so stylish white socks, especially if I needed to make an impression of any sort. I took them to the register and they were just over 10 bucks. What a deal! So even if everything falls apart at least I got jeans that are long enough.
I was telling a friend today that I feel keep humming this church hymn. Of course I was only singing the first two verses in my head.
Come, come, ye Saints, no toil nor labor fear;
But with joy wend your way.
Though hard to you this journey may appear,Grace shall be as your day.
’Tis better far for us to strive
Our useless cares from us to drive;
Do this, and joy your hearts will swell—All is well! All is well!
Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
’Tis not so; all is right.
Why should we think to earn a great reward
If we now shun the fight?
Gird up your loins; fresh courage take.
Our God will never us forsake;
And soon we’ll have this tale to tell—All is well! All is well!
And then we both thought of the last verse and giggled just a bit. I guess you have to have what we call death humor to giggle about such things. I have my boys that gave me 'death humor' and she had her mother die when she was just a kid. We both chuckle over seemingly morbid things. Her daughter, now 11, called Nikolas "my best dead toddler friend" when she was a kid and we would just laugh and laugh about it. How innocent a kid can be. I loved the frankness. Anyway, this all relates to the song because she knows I am not so fond of flying and my adventure may just take that path.
And should we die before our journey’s through,
Happy day! All is well!
So in modern day terms, it's all good.
Luckily I actually feel that way. It's all good one way or the other. Of course I am hoping for one thing, but can I really complain? In the end, looking back, all is well. I really believe it. (But secretly I am still hoping for some news of some sort.)
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lol, I forgot about the flying part. At least it's all over land ;)
Post a Comment