The American Girl doll is a favorite in our house. M saved up for nine months in order to buy her first one. (Luckily, grandma got her second one for Christmas last year.) So for a year and a half M has been talking about this American Girl thing and that American Girl thing. Shortly after M got her doll, T started talking about how someday he was going to get an American Boy doll. We always just laughed it off. Of course he thought it would be cool. He is surrounded by M and all her friends that think AG dolls are the greatest thing ever.
I thought he had forgotten.
But today in the car M was talking about how she was saving her money in the bank for some AG stuff. T, once again, started talking about the American Boy doll. M told him the only boy was a Bitty Baby and he didn't care. He said he was going to get one that was just like him. He wants one that is totally cool like him. I could hardly control the laughter. Then later in the day I thought about it again and just started laughing away.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think it is a shame that such a sweet boy with such a fabulous imagination has such a narrow minded mother. I hope he has someone in his life who can see outside of the box and buys him a doll.
Post a Comment