Friday, August 15, 2008

Crazy Day

Last night a good friend and I were talking and she pretty much said we were going to switch the rooms of the baby and S. Now the oldest and youngest share and S has a room to herself. The plan was to get this done today. I'll tell you that we did accomplish it. S is in the room that isn't painted with giant flowers and with a lattice fence around the bottom. She no longer has tons of things to look at and occupy her time. She has a room with a bed and a dresser with clothes only in one drawer. We put a lock on her closet and her toys and her hanging clothes are in there. We even took down the drapes in case they might cause her mind to stay too busy. And the kid is asleep. She went to sleep really easily.

Now onto the craziness. I had a hard time catching many breaks today. My friend had offered to come help me switch the rooms. I wanted to get working early and have a bunch of work done. When I came out of the purple room I found the couches turned into forts, the bill drawer open and bills torn up, a spill in the recently cleaned living room floor, things EVERYWHERE, etc. But you know, that is kind of expected.

S went out in the backyard and laid on her back on the porch and screamed and threw a fit because she was angry.

Then it got better. T came in and asked if he could have some more medicine. Um, no kid. You don't get extra medicine. Several minutes later (that could be 5 or 20 I really can't remember) M came in and told us that T had spilled some medicine. Yes, the kid had gotten the lid off of his rx and spilled 3 doses. There were two left and he had taken one. Did I mention that with insurance that rx was 40 buckaroos. I was furious. He could get so hurt if he just gulps down medicine. Luckily he didn't. I called the pharmacy and they said to get 3 more doses of that medicine it would be 87 dollars. So I called the doctor's office and he said to see how the next two doses go and if they aren't helping then there's no need to buy more.

I then fed the kids lunch. S was going to put her bowl in the sink and I took it from her so she wouldn't drop it and break it. Usually she puts her cup on the counter (it's more of a small mug) so she can get a drink later if she wants. That's not how it went this time. She dropped that puppy in the sink and broke it.

A little big later I went to shut the pantry and found my mandarin oranges gone. You have to remember, I just fed the kids lunch. And really, I don't mind if they eat mandarin oranges. But when we are at home, we use the cans. The little single serving super pricey ones are for lunches away from home. So to find that almost all of the 16 packs of mandarin oranges I purchased earlier this week gone was more than frustrating. My friend went into T's room (where he was on his bed for getting into his rx) and found the missing oranges. He was stashing them in his room. A little bit later she found 4 bags of future school lunch chips under their bed. I know T is hungry now and I don't care how often he eats. But keep it out of the bedroom.

So we continue to work and work. Someone came over and bid my 'sheeprock' and later called back with an acceptable bid (yeah work starts next week). My friend and I were moving the full sized bed to another wall in the purple room for S. It has been up in there with the crib for company. I didn't S to be on the same wall as the baby though and so we were going to move it across the room. I looked down and thought I saw the baby playing with a white crayon. I don't really think little bite on an icky crayon is the end of the world. Several minutes later I walked into the other room and found 3 blue and white capsules on the ground with one opened and empty. I immediately called my mother because they stay in that room. Fortunately, the pills were antibiotics and not my mom's blood thinner.

Of course, S got possessive about her things in her room. I got out her play house and let her play. C stepped on it and got slammed to the ground. (We later did the lesson on what to do if that happens again.)

The rest of the day wasn't bad. I'm sure I am missing a few things. It just seemed like it was one thing after another all day long. And as crazy as it was, that's how all days feel.

I had DH get a lock for S's closet door on his way home from work. He also brought some hamburgers home so I wouldn't have to cook. I was really grateful.

Once again, it was successful, if even for one day. S went to bed without a 3 hour fight.

1 comment:

Sheral Wilson said...

Wow - you are one tough cookie!! Keep it up!