Thursday, August 28, 2008

T's doctor visit

I have to admit. I didn't really want to go to visit the pediatric gastroenterologist. This is going to sound so stupid but well, I didn't really want to bother him when the meds they gave to Topher seemed to help quite a bit.

DH said go. Good friends said go. Mom said go.

So I went. (After all, I am a bit of a pushover and a pleaser.)

I'm so glad. And in reality, the doc couldn't be too unhappy because he gets paid one way or the other. And in reality I was kind of surprised to not see other people in the office. You would think that someone that gets booked a half a year in advance would have a busy office. Maybe they just knew from the phone vibes that we would fill the office all by ourselves.

The doc did thing we need to check T out some more. He was the same doctor we saw almost 4 years ago when they had to take T off of all food and put him on the predigested stuff to give his little body a chance to heal.

Maybe we'll figure this kid out. We do get to do some more bloodwork and a stool sample. (Mom gets to collect the stuff in an old cool whip container. EWWWW!)

So the hope is that we can figure out T and that will help me with little C since she does the same things he did as a baby with her tummy.

And that is good news!

The visit was also a hit because I actually got the children kid's meals at Wendy's. I would normally not do it because we have this saying that we go to restaurants for food and not for toys. But I couldn't resist. They have the Magic Tree House books on CD. How great is that! I'm tempted to go and buy myself a kid meal for lunch tomorrow just to get another story.

1 comment:

vicky said...

I am so glad you are on the road to finding out what is going on with him! I am going to go check out Wendys!!!