I can't be posting bummer stuff all week and not mention a good day.
S went to bed easily in her new room both last night and tonight. YIPPEEEE! She woke up much happier.
DH survived his 18 mile run this morning and wasn't super grouchy today. He got up at 3:30 to do it so that we could drive an hour north to do a race for the kids.
The kids loved the race. It's was S's first one. They each got a stuffed animal as well. I ran it with S and she ran the entire .6 mile. I'm interested in seeing what the MRI says on Monday because it did hurt my knee. The good news is that I got a little weepy when we were about to cross the finish line. That's a good thing because it means there is an attachment. If I can cry the first time M and T ride amusement park rides, I should feel weepy when S crosses her first finish line.
At the race M won a 17 inch Corolle doll. It's a French doll but I didn't know of it. (What kind of crappy French speaker am I?) It's beautiful and will fit in well with her American Girl dolls. T won some hanging art supply organizer thing. David and S didn't win anything in the drawing but D was happy that his stuffed animal was a Build a Bear and was the only one that talked. S loved her chicken (a Sandra Boyton one).
We went to DH's parents' house after and his mom made a fabulous breakfast for us. The kids played with their cousins. I messed up a little when I was ordering my MIL some shoes online. Instead of asking what size she wore, I asked how big her feet were. Then later I was putting her checkbook back into her purse and all I could find was this big black bag (later I found out it was her computer bag). I asked something like, "Is it this big bag?" She didn't know that her purse was actually at her feet and that I was referring to the computer bag. And I didn't know if I had the right bag because that is not something my MIL would carry as a purse. She tends to have pretty cute purses. Luckily we got it cleared up and she didn't think I was rude too long.
The kids played in the water and ate. S hasn't had a snackfest like that in months. Boy, the old S came out quickly. She just couldn't get enough. C wanted to eat and eat too. My MIL commented on how her belly fills up outside her ribs. Yep, that's her milk belly. M had the same belly. It's flat in the morning and very round after drinking a lot.
We made it home and had soup and carrots for dinner. The house still needs cleaning but I think we'll probably just go to bed.
I found some music for my first choir practice tomorrow. It's not the most fancy, that's for certain. I found some really pretty music but decided to keep it easy considering I have NEVER been in a choir and have no idea what to do. I had this dream and imagined my self thinking of sopranos as first violins, altos as seconds, tenors as violas, etc. It may not be pretty but I have to start trying. I hope it works out. I hate to not do things well. I also didn't want to pick stuff that had the men and the women singing separately much because what if no men show up. I don't know the makeup of the choir. The closest I have come to being in the choir was playing the violin with them.
T didn't throw up again last night. We'll see how we do tonight. He has gone as many as 3 days before it all started up again. I am hesitantly hopeful.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment