Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Back to Blogging

Heck, if I take off a few days it starts to be overwhelming to continue.

So a few random thoughts to get over that and back on track.

My knee isn't as bad as it could have been. I guess the cartilage is worn in a spot and there is some bone on bone action. My knees aren't tracking properly. This is no shock as I have feet that are flatter than the ground they walk on. I'm taking a bunch of old people pills to try to keep those joints lubricated. And for now, the doc says I shouldn't run unless I want to make it worse. I was very bummed initially but I am somewhat over that now. I'm hoping to get my knee tracking better and maybe look forward to a few runs a week and a 5k or two next spring/summer.

Today I went lap swimming at the pool. So I haven't really gone swimming since having C. I went to a cheap store last night and found a not so functional swimsuit. I tried that puppy on last night and thought, dang, I can't fit well into this thing but I am going swimming tomorrow anyway. Luckily, this morning I figured out I had part of it twisted. WHEW!

The swimming was harder than I thought. I haven't done any laps for a couple of decades so 30 minutes of them killed me. But that's good because obviously I need it. At the end my friend climbs right out of the pool and I thought, "Dang, what in the world am I to do?" Climbing out of the pool would so not be pretty. I ended up dodging people in other lanes to go to the shallow. During this time my friend was patiently waiting (and slightly shivering) for me. I'm so grateful she said she would go because I so would have chickened out.

What else has happened? The kids started school and this time I didn't cry.

T's stomach is finally doing better. The very pricey meds they gave him helped a bunch.

C has started singing Bob the Builder all the time. It's kind of a funny choice for her.

D is excited for school to start.

S tried to hit her substitute church teacher over the head with a toy. She also spit at him and stuck her tongue out. I asked her why and she said she just didn't want him there. He wasn't her teacher. Hopefully she will be allowed back in after that. And thankfully the man (a friend) had a quick hand and caught her arm before she decked him. I don't know if I should be frustrated or not. At least she wasn't caught up in being fake. That has to be something.

Life is still busy busy busy. My basement is coming along. Nacho (I think that is his name. I only heard it when he called) was supposed to come today and didn't. Oh well, it has waited long enough what is another day or two. The 'sheeprock' is all hung though and it has been mudded. YIPPEEE!

And with that I will try to sleep. I feel so much better knowing that I am somewhat 'caught up' on this. (Okay, I know I really am not but I'm considering this done.)

No comments: