Sunday, August 3, 2008

Can it really be August?

How in the heck can it be August? This summer has been full of running (but not the physical kind, more the soccer mom type). It seems like we have had no rest time.

Well that is finally changing. Dance and summer reading are done for the summer. We have swim lessons for M and T twice a week for the next month (D will start in Sept. when he has time). And of course, we have those music lessons for which the kids are unprepared. Still, that isn't bad at all. Maybe I'll finally have enough time to get that gray in my hair colored. I haven't really had enough time to get it in and have it process. So I have just let it grow. And let me tell you, that isn't pretty.

So what's new at our house? Not a whole lot is new. I am hoping D is ready to be a truth teller. He didn't get to go swimming on his field trip last week because of it. Today he FINALLY told the truth after starting a tale about a toy doing something on its own. He broke the cycle. This may seem trivial. To me, however, it is HUGE! He had a pretty good weekend. I think he is going to have a great week.

T has been a turkey. I went in today and found him moving the mattress on his top bunk so it would make a slide. How many times do I have to say that things like that are a little less than safe? I took him to the doc on Saturday for his well check. Of course he was a giant. I mentioned to the doc that I was a little worried about his lungs as we have had smoke from fires in the sky. The doc said he was wheezing a bit in one lung from the back. Then during C's well check he put the stethoscope (or however you spell it) to his chest to show her it was okay and got a little worried. He said he could not believe how quickly his lungs were getting worse and that it was good we came in that very day. The funny (not in a ha ha way) thing is that the appointment had originally been scheduled for two days earlier but we had sick kids (okay and 75 percent off toys at Target) and so we rescheduled. T ended up with a steroid in the office and a prescription for more. I'm so grateful we were there when we were.

M went with her Grannie to see her new cabin (the Grannie's not M's). She had a fabulous time collecting all sorts of rocks. Thank heavens I got a little wiser and moved her rock collection to the backyard. Some of these are huge. She finally earned her MP3 player by practicing. She has been loving that thing. I'm not so sure if I like her having it. She seems more grown up.

S had a date with DH this week. They went to arches place. It was a special treat because dh bought S a happy meal and we don't generally do happy meals. DH usually reminds the kids that we go to a restaurant to eat and not to buy toys. She was just so thrilled to go on her date.

C and I were in Target on Monday. I said something about how she was my baby and she suddenly said, "No baby!" Then she started screaming it. I hate to say it but for once a screaming kid in Target was adorable. She has really decided she isn't no longer a baby. She also hates having a wet diaper on. Maybe she'll be my one that is potty trained early. I tried putting her on but she really was only interested in wiping the cheek of her behind.

I got the kids signed up for school. I don't know M's teacher but the others should be fine. The kids are looking forward to school as much as I am.

I finished the book Breaking Dawn. I'm a sucker for those things (hee hee sucker). That really isn't what I wanted to write about though. Someone I know stopped by to drop some things off and I had the book in my hand. She mentioned that she didn't read them because she thought they were based on evil. You'd think I'd want to convince her otherwise because I really like the books. Instead, I found a greater admiration for her. She is sticking to what she believes and isn't just going along with the crowds. Good for her!

Hmmm... late it is. I had a little reminder that even in tough times, all is well. It was a good thing to be reminded of today. Life is good. It isn't going to ever be easy. But it is good.

No comments: