M lost a tooth yesterday. When I asked her where she wanted to go out to eat she said she wanted Chinese food. Then she paused and said she wanted to ask the others where they wanted to eat so everyone would be happy.
The goofball in me got a little teary over that. She's such a good kid.
But it's too bad. We are now stuck going to that arch place tonight. Oh, and the tooth fairy forgot last night. That dang tooth fairy.
I took 4 kids to my parenting group today. I filled my requirement of going but I didn't get a whole lot out of it. On the good side, I saved myself 17 bucks for a babysitter.
Yesterday I took T and C to the allergist. The good news is that C isn't showing food allergies, just intolerances. That's good news because she may outgrow them. The bad news is, of course, that there are still a ton of things that make that tummy of hers sick.
T, on the other hand, surprised the allergist. He said he was expecting him to have reactions but nothing like what he had. He said he is a highly allergic kid. We left there with another prescription for a daily med, reason to really give him his daily puffer, a suggestion to try to get rid of carpet in our house, and a choice to follow up with him or a pediatric pulmonologist in 3 months. No wonder the kid has landed in the hospital once and the ER many times. He's a mess. We are checking out some floor options for our basement. Right now we are looking at laminate and cork. We have hard wood upstairs but it takes a beating from the kids. Well, and at 1900 sq feet, laminate is a chunk of change less. But it'll be cold and I don't know about heating the entire basement floor like we are the bathroom down there. Cork would be warmer and more cozy to the kids' little (or not so little) feet. Choices choices! I'm almost glad we aren't on schedule with finishing it.
I'm feeling like a new person. My hair has no gray for a week or two. I'm such a slacker about getting my hair colored and so I forget how much better it looks.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment