T doesn't have Celiac. That's good.
He does have an elevated white blood cell count and high neutrophil bands. The doc said it's obvious his body is trying to fix something that is wrong.
When I got a hold of the pediatric GI's office I was told the first available appointment was Dec. 8th. They asked me if I preferred 11, 11:30 or 12. Hmmm... that's a half a year away, how about 11 am.
Luckily, when I called them back and told them we would probably just take him up to the children's hospital they found a cancellation (and right at that very moment, AMAZING ;) on August 28th. So we will take him up then and have a little appointment which will most likely be nothing more than a consult and then we'll follow up with another visit or two. Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll all go away by then. The ped GI did tell our doc to put him on a specific medicine. Our pharmacy won't be able to get it in until tomorrow.
I had my MRI today. The results will be back in the next day or two. My good friend went for a massage today and I joked with her that I got my pampering too. I got to sit with my body in the MRI machine for 35 somewhat quiet minutes.
On the way home I stopped at a gas station to buy a Diet Coke. They also had flowery hair bows for sale (obviously made by the lady that worked there). Only in my area could you get gas, a coke, and a hairbow.
I'm not quite so worried now. I didn't pray for everything to turn around, just peace. And I got it.
And now it's time to clean. Lucky me.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW...you have been through the ringer. Moms can't get sick. It just doesn't work well.
Peace is nice, I'd take peace!
Post a Comment