Monday, August 18, 2008

Not the best of wake up calls

You know, sometimes when you are down in the dumps you forget how lucky you are.

Last night before bed I quickly popped onto nieniedialogues.blogspot.com. She doesn't know me at all. Her SIL was my good friend when we were teenagers. My friend died several years ago of cancer and I haven't seen her family since then. They have a fabulous family of 11 kids, all of whom are super talented and genuine people. So when I found a few blogs from their family I was hooked. I love seeing what has happened to them and their kids (including my friend's little boy who was just more than a newborn when she died). Good people are inspiring and this family is like that.

Imagine my surprise when I read that my friends brother and his wife, the writer of nienie had been in a plane crash. The flight instructor has already passed away and it sounds like nienie and her husband are in for a very long haul.

It's hard to understand life occasionally. This family is awesome and I really mean awesome. They cause you to wonder how so many good people can come from just one family. But to have your daughter die of cancer in her twenties and your son to be in a plane crash just seems against the odds. Those aren't normal things.

It helps put things in perspective.

Oh, and M got her hair cut today. She's a big ponytail of it to Pantene's program to give wigs to people with cancer. I'm so thrilled she decided to do it.

2 comments:

Sheral Wilson said...

I hope you are doing okay - we haven't heard from you in a while!

discombobulated said...

Hi there Sheral,

We're still around :)

Whenever I get behind I procrastinate catching things up. That's why I have piles of scrapbook paper and no scrapbooks anymore.